Sunday, May 30, 2010

I Am: Funny



I am...


Somewhat funny.



How would you describe your sense of humour?

-Non-existent?

-Lets-others-make-the-jokes?

-Immature? (FYI, if you are a 12-year-old boy or a 27-year-old with the mind of a 12-year-old boy, you fall in the latter description.)

This is my description:

Corny, extra dry with a side of "Was that supposed to be a joke?", and a hint of irony.

In other words, if you are one of those people who just don't "get" jokes, you can be my friend.

However, if you are one of those people that just laughs out of politeness or obligation, don't let the door hit your ass on the way you.

Listen stranger: If you don't have a sense of humour, just come out and admit it already!

Stop with the polite half-chuckles that end in awkward silence when both you and the joke-teller realize that you don't get the humour.

That's the great thing about humour - It's not "Is it funny?" but rather "Do I get it?"

All humour is funny - if you get it.

So, if you don't, do yourself a favour and just admit it. Then, change the subject before the joke-teller tries to explain the joke.

Speaking of funny, here's something that I find absolutely hilarious:

Ahmed the Terrorist

If you don't find it funny, you just don't get it - and this is better to admit than to think that you don't have a sense of humour.

I'd rather be stupid than lack a sense of humour.

And that's what makes me different. Boo-ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment